Commanding Officer
USS Portland

Jason Beauvoir
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

Re: Trill: Seeing the Sights

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:35 am

Mess Hall

Crewman Angela MacKenzie, CPO Zirra Kajat, anyone else who wants to join in)

Angela walked into the Mess Hall. She was dressed in civvies and carrying a PADD with a list of Trill Hotspots. Spotting Zirra sitting alone, she approached her. "Good morning, Chief." She said.

"Good morning, Angela. We're both off-duty, so please call me, Zirra."

"Okay, Zirra, what do you have planned for your leave?" Angela asked.

"I got a new Earth holovid, called Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth." Zirra said with the Gorn equivalent of a smile.

"Okay. I was going to ask you if you wanted to join me on a sight-seeing trip, but if you've got other plans...."

"No, I can watch it anytime. Let's go see the sights."

Delainey didn't mean to eavesdrop. In fact, she'd chosen a table in the mess hall she thought wouldn't be considered "prime real estate" so she could enjoy her breakfast and her novel, but the truth was, she was feeling rather restless and really guilty for not taking advantage of the time off to go visit Trill. It wasn't that she didn't want to enjoy off ship R&R, it was just that she didn't feel up to enjoying it alone. At least if she stayed aboard ship by herself, it would feel normal and routine, but seeing the sights and perhaps eating in a restaurant alone? Carlisle was a confident single woman who loved her work, but she didn't feel up to going on an adventure without anyone to share with or fighting off the merchants, lascivious and otherwise, by herself.

So there she was sitting by herself, torn about what to do and failing to concentrate on her food or her reading when she overheard Zirra and a young woman she didn't recognize talking about going on a sightseeing trip. Carlisle was already dressed in civilian clothes, trying to get in the spirit of shore leave, so it would simply be a matter of opening her mouth. Still, she hesitated slightly, not wanting to invite herself along. The last thing Delainey wanted to be was rude. To her surprise, she found herself speaking, "Excuse me, but did I hear you are about to go sightseeing on Trill?" Carlisle asked.

"Yeah, I just convinced our resident dinosaur to come, would you like to join us?" Angela replied. Zirra smiled and then looked a little hurt at being referred to as a dinosaur.

Arthur only dropped into the mess hall once in a blue moon, preferring to eat in the privacy of his own quarters. It wasn't so much an issue of him hating company, or even feeling overwhelmed by it. His former crewmate aboard the Warren, Lieutenant Sanders, called him "Edward Scissorhands" in reference to an old Earth film Arthur only viewed briefly before turning it off, if only because of how ridiculous it seemed. But the point stood, reminding him in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way that he had the unfortunate tendency to hurt people. So, he kept to himself, and if forced to deal with anyone, he felt more comfortable on a one-to-one basis than anything else.

Today, however, they'd arrived at Trill. Words of a certain former "mentor" continued to haunt him as he looked out his window at the planet below. He knew he'd have to go down there, but with his track record, nobody in command would expect him to. This would have to be done quietly and without drawing attention to certain facts best left buried. So, what did he do? The Tactical Officer would visit the mess hall, still in his uniform, order a drink, and stare out at the stars until he overheard a conversation from two enlisted officers planning to visit the surface.

"I wouldn't mind," Arthur butted in after one of the crewman had responded to the other woman's inquiry. "I'm Arthur, Arthur Couer-Reynolds." His introduction lacked a certain charisma, but his smile was genuine, if a tad weak. "Sorry, I've been meaning to go down there for a while now. Just didn't have the excuse. I don't normally go on trips like these."

"Hi, Arthur, I'm Angela, and this is Zirra you're welcome to join us." Angela said.

"Hello, Arthur," Delainey greeted, more relaxed now there was someone else crashing the outing. "I'd love to go too, if you don't mind another tag along, truly."

"Okay, cool. Let's meet in the shuttle bay in, say 10 minutes." Angela said.

Arthur only nodded curtly, an eyebrow raised as he looked between them.

tag?

-----

Shuttle bay, 10 minutes later

Arthur was late, but when he stepped through the shuttlebay doors, he finished strapping a tricorder to his hip. He was no longer in uniform, but rather elected to wear a brown, leather jacket, white dress shirt, and a pair of worn jeans. He looked ready more for a hike through the wilderness instead of a visit to the city. In any case, he'd look around to see if he could find the others... or if he was too late and they'd already left.

Angela was now dressed in a light summer dress with leather ankle-boots and standing next to Zirra dressed in whatever passed for Gorn civilian fashion. "You're late, Flash." Angela said when she spotted Arthur.

tag!
Lieutenant Jason Anderson Beauvoir
Chief Science Officer
USS Portland

Arthur Reynolds
Chief Tactical Officer
Chief Tactical Officer

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Mess Hall

Angela walked into the Mess Hall. She was dressed in civvies and carrying a PADD with a list of Trill Hotspots. Spotting Zirra sitting alone, she approached her. "Good morning, Chief." She said.

"I got a new Earth holovid, called Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth." Zirra said with the Gorn equivalent of a smile.

"Okay. I was going to ask you if you wanted to join me on a sight-seeing trip, but if you've got other plans...."

Delainey didn't mean to eavesdrop. In fact, she'd chosen a table in the mess hall she thought wouldn't be considered "prime real estate" so she could enjoy her breakfast and her novel, but the truth was, she was feeling rather restless and really guilty for not taking advantage of the time off to go visit Trill. It wasn't that she didn't want to enjoy off ship R&R, it was just that she didn't feel up to enjoying it alone. At least if she stayed aboard ship by herself, it would feel normal and routine, but seeing the sights and perhaps eating in a restaurant alone? Carlisle was a confident single woman who loved her work, but she didn't feel up to going on an adventure without anyone to share with or fighting off the merchants, lascivious and otherwise, by herself.

So there she was sitting by herself, torn about what to do and failing to concentrate on her food or her reading when she overheard Zirra and a young woman she didn't recognize talking about going on a sightseeing trip. Carlisle was already dressed in civilian clothes, trying to get in the spirit of shore leave, so it would simply be a matter of opening her mouth. Still, she hesitated slightly, not wanting to invite herself along. The last thing Delainey wanted to be was rude. To her surprise, she found herself speaking, "Excuse me, but did I hear you are about to go sightseeing on Trill?" Carlisle asked.

"Yeah, I just convinced our resident dinosaur to come, would you like to join us?" Angela replied. Zirra smiled and then looked a little hurt at being referred to as a dinosaur.

Arthur only dropped into the mess hall once in a blue moon, preferring to eat in the privacy of his own quarters. It wasn't so much an issue of him hating company, or even feeling overwhelmed by it. His former crewmate aboard the Warren, Lieutenant Sanders, called him "Edward Scissorhands" in reference to an old Earth film Arthur only viewed briefly before turning it off, if only because of how ridiculous it seemed. But the point stood, reminding him in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way that he had the unfortunate tendency to hurt people. So, he kept to himself, and if forced to deal with anyone, he felt more comfortable on a one-to-one basis than anything else.

Today, however, they'd arrived at Trill. Words of a certain former "mentor" continued to haunt him as he looked out his window at the planet below. He knew he'd have to go down there, but with his track record, nobody in command would expect him to. This would have to be done quietly and without drawing attention to certain facts best left buried. So, what did he do? The Tactical Officer would visit the mess hall, still in his uniform, order a drink, and stare out at the stars until he overheard a conversation from two enlisted officers planning to visit the surface.

"I wouldn't mind," Arthur butted in after one of the crewman had responded to the other woman's inquiry. "I'm Arthur, Arthur Couer-Reynolds." His introduction lacked a certain charisma, but his smile was genuine, if a tad weak. "Sorry, I've been meaning to go down there for a while now. Just didn't have the excuse. I don't normally go on trips like these."

"Hi, Arthur, I'm Angela, and this is Zirra you're welcome to join us." Angela said.

"Hello, Arthur," Delainey greeted, more relaxed now there was someone else crashing the outing. "I'd love to go too, if you don't mind another tag along, truly."

tag?

-----

Arthur was late, but when he stepped through the shuttlebay doors, he finished strapping a tricorder to his hip. He was no longer in uniform, but rather elected to wear a brown, leather jacket, white dress shirt, and a pair of worn jeans. He looked ready more for a hike through the wilderness instead of a visit to the city. In any case, he'd look around to see if he could find the others... or if he was too late and they'd already left.

Angela was now dressed in a light summer dress with leather ankle-boots and standing next to Zirra dressed in whatever passed for Gorn civilian fashion. "You're late, Flash." Angela said when she spotted Arthur.

A snort escaped Arthur as he uncomfortably replied, "Well, Trill isn't my first choice for a vacation, but I need to get off the ship for a few days." After a brief glance around the room, he didn't see anybody else but the three of them. "So where's our number four?"

tag!
Lt. Arthur Couer-Reynolds
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Portland

Delainey Carlisle
Chief Counselor
Chief Counselor

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:38 am

Mess Hall

tag?

-----

A snort escaped Arthur as he uncomfortably replied, "Well, Trill isn't my first choice for a vacation, but I need to get off the ship for a few days." After a brief glance around the room, he didn't see anybody else but the three of them. "So where's our number four?"

"Sorry I'm late," Delainey called out as the shuttle bay doors closed behind her. "I was having trouble figuring out what to wear and finally decided to go comfortable," Carlisle explained, showing off her royal blue velour pants, comfortable white T-shirt with matching jacket over top. "I was never a fashionista, and being in uniform most of the time, I never had to be."

OOC Lori: I'll understand if you'd rather not continue this and instead move on to other things, but Brian suggested it might be moved to lower decks when we're finished if you like.

tag!

Timothy Rouse
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Is this ready to be posted? In the Lower Decks?
Commander Timothy Andrew Rouse
Executive Officer
USS Portland

Return to “JP Workshop”