Timothy Rouse
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: Security Solutions (Sullivan & Rouse)

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am

When: After the current mission
Where: Security Office
Who: Ash & Judith

With a padd in hand Judith entered the office of the Chief of Security. Putting the padd on his desk she said: "You really need to choose a assistant and make it clear to your staff that I'm not it. They keep asking me for schedules and stuff."

"You know you could be my assistant." Ash replied only half jokingly. Since taking over as Chief Security Officer he'd had a hard time choosing the right person for the role.

She looked at him with her face a bit askew, trying to determine if he was joking or not. She shook her head while she replied. "You know i am placed here on this ship to advise and assist you. But not as your assistant. I'm here to help train your crew to become a real team. Unless you think you don't need my help, then I'm sure I can talk to the Captain to find me something else to do. Or somewhere else."

"I understand that, and I do value your input. I'm only new to this job myself you know." Ash replied. Thinking for a moment he continued, "You've spent a bit of time with the team... who do you think might make a capable assistant?"

"There are quite a number of good man and woman in your department, who would do a great job as Assistant Chief Security Office." Judith said. "It kind of depends what you are looking for in an assistant?"

Ash sighed as he thought about the question posed to him, "Well, I'm still the newest member of the department here," he trailed off as headed for the replicator, "Perhaps someone who's been here a while, someone who already has a good rapport with the junior officers." Ash continued before turning back to Judith, "Can I get you anything?" He asked gesturing towards the replicator.

"Tea please," she answered. "Nobody comes to mind right away.I guess your best chance it to find someone that is willing to learn."

Ash sighed with a slow nod before placing an order for two cups of tea. "You may be right." He replied passing a cup across his desk and sinking into his seat, before picking up a PADD with the current security roster. Scrolling through he decided to get some of Judith's opinions on his officers while she was here, "I suppose O'Connor has been around for a while, though he seems to be lacking a little in the maturity department."

"I believe you are right. He acts sometimes as a big baby with his jokes and comments. But I do believe he would be a possible option to train. He has shown maturity in the training's." Judith said as she took a sip of her tea.

tag
Commander Timothy Andrew Rouse
Executive Officer
USS Portland

Ash Sullivan
Chief Security Officer
Chief Security Officer

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 am

With a padd in hand Judith entered the office of the Chief of Security. Putting the padd on his desk she said: "You really need to choose a assistant and make it clear to your staff that I'm not it. They keep asking me for schedules and stuff."

"You know you could be my assistant." Ash replied only half jokingly. Since taking over as Chief Security Officer he'd had a hard time choosing the right person for the role.

She looked at him with her face a bit askew, trying to determine if he was joking or not. She shook her head while she replied. "You know i am placed here on this ship to advise and assist you. But not as your assistant. I'm here to help train your crew to become a real team. Unless you think you don't need my help, then I'm sure I can talk to the Captain to find me something else to do. Or somewhere else."

"I understand that, and I do value your input. I'm only new to this job myself you know." Ash replied. Thinking for a moment he continued, "You've spent a bit of time with the team... who do you think might make a capable assistant?"

"There are quite a number of good man and woman in your department, who would do a great job as Assistant Chief Security Office." Judith said. "It kind of depends what you are looking for in an assistant?"

Ash sighed as he thought about the question posed to him, "Well, I'm still the newest member of the department here," he trailed off as headed for the replicator, "Perhaps someone who's been here a while, someone who already has a good rapport with the junior officers." Ash continued before turning back to Judith, "Can I get you anything?" He asked gesturing towards the replicator.

"Tea please," she answered. "Nobody comes to mind right away.I guess your best chance it to find someone that is willing to learn."

Ash sighed with a slow nod before placing an order for two cups of tea. "You may be right." He replied passing a cup across his desk and sinking into his seat, before picking up a PADD with the current security roster. Scrolling through he decided to get some of Judith's opinions on his officers while she was here, "I suppose O'Connor has been around for a while, though he seems to be lacking a little in the maturity department."

"I believe you are right. He acts sometimes as a big baby with his jokes and comments. But I do believe he would be a possible option to train. He has shown maturity in the training's." Judith said as she took a sip of her tea.

"Then there's McGann, she's a little young though, and if you ask me a little too trigger happy," Ash added with a chuckle before taking another sip of tea. "Say... what if we set up a sort of competition for the spot. We run them through a series of drills and training simulations on the holodeck and see who performs the best?"

tag
Lt. (JG) Ash Sullivan
Assistant Chief Security Officer
USS Portland

Timothy Rouse
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm

[quote="Ash Sullivan"]When: After the current mission

"Tea please," she answered. "Nobody comes to mind right away. I guess your best chance it to find someone that is willing to learn."

"Then there's McGann, she's a little young though, and if you ask me a little too trigger happy," Ash added with a chuckle before taking another sip of tea. "Say... what if we set up a sort of competition for the spot. We run them through a series of drills and training simulations on the holodeck and see who performs the best?"

"I think that's a perfect idea!" she said. "Want me to set it up?"

tag
Executive Officer
USS Portland

Ash Sullivan
Chief Security Officer
Chief Security Officer

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:50 am

"Tea please," she answered. "Nobody comes to mind right away. I guess your best chance it to find someone that is willing to learn."

"That would be great but... I don't think we should tell them its a competition. I want someone who is hard working all the time, not just when they think they can get something out of it." Ash responded. "Let's just call it a training day, in fact maybe I should go through the drills too."

tag
Lt. (JG) Ash Sullivan
USS Portland

Timothy Rouse
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 pm

"That would be great but... I don't think we should tell them its a competition. I want someone who is hard working all the time, not just when they think they can get something out of it." Ash responded. "Let's just call it a training day, in fact maybe I should go through the drills too."

"Oh, I think everyone will be delighted when they hear of a new set of drills." Judith laughed.

tag
Executive Officer
USS Portland

Ash Sullivan
Chief Security Officer
Chief Security Officer

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:33 am

"Oh, I think everyone will be delighted when they hear of a new set of drills." Judith laughed.

Ash finished off his tea and checked the time. "I'll forward some ideas for simulations tomorrow but right now I'm off to the gym to get a workout in before dinner. Care to join me Major?"

tag
Lt. (JG) Ash Sullivan
USS Portland

Timothy Rouse
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Ash finished off his tea and checked the time. "I'll forward some ideas for simulations tomorrow but right now I'm off to the gym to get a workout in before dinner. Care to join me Major?"

"I'll pass." she said. Not wanting to attract people to her less functioning leg.

tag
Executive Officer
USS Portland

Ash Sullivan
Chief Security Officer
Chief Security Officer

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:08 am

"I'll pass." she said. Not wanting to attract people to her less functioning leg.

"Is that a pass on a workout or on dinner as well?" Ash responded with a charming grin.

tag
Lt. (JG) Ash Sullivan
USS Portland

Timothy Rouse
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm

"Is that a pass on a workout or on dinner as well?" Ash responded with a charming grin.

Judith couldn't help but laugh at that. "Sure, dinner is fine."

tag
Executive Officer
USS Portland

Ash Sullivan
Chief Security Officer
Chief Security Officer

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 am

Judith couldn't help but laugh at that. "Sure, dinner is fine."

"I'll see you in the Mess Hall at 1800." Ash said with a quick salute before leaving Judith alone in his office, as he broke into a jog heading for the gym.

tag

OOC Jim - Shall we leave this here? We can start up another post for their dinner if you'd like, or it can happen off-screen. I think it would be cool to do a post for those training simulations, maybe even get the rest of the crew involved, anyone who wants to can write up a quick security NPC and play along, or maybe we could actually open it up to non-security personnel so they can play their usual characters, might be a fun little aside to fill time between missions. Sort of a cross between the Kobuyashi Maru, and the Voyager episodes "Worst Case Scenario" and "Learning Curve".
Lt. (JG) Ash Sullivan
USS Portland

Return to “JP Workshop”