Alenis Meru
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Awards!

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:49 am

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since we've done awards, and I have a bunch to announce!

First, everyone who has participated in our JM with the Endeavour receives the Tour of Duty: Borg and the Joint Service Commendation Medal. That is Alenis, Tim, Tyrlai, Jason, Brad, Arthur, Ash, Malbi, Sera, Delainey, and Marcus.

This ribbon is issued to all participating players at the end of a mission that posts the simm to the borders or interior regions of Borg space.

Awarded to Starfleet/Starfleet Marine Corps personnel who participate in a joint mission with other simms.

Second, we have a number of service medals to give out.

The Obsidian Fleet Service Citation is awarded to crew who have served on the Portland for six moths. Our winners here are Ash and Malbi

The Obsidian Fleet Merit of Time Served is awarded to players who have served on the Portland for a year. Congrats to Arthur, Delainey and Marcus.

Finally, the Obsidian Fleet Gold Service Merit is awarded to crew who have served on the Portland for two years. I'm actually kind of humbled and honoured by the number of these awards that I have to give out today -- I think the fact that so many of our crew have stuck around for so long says something about the Portland, and says something about our players. Congratulations, Alenis, Tim, Tyrlai, Jason, Brad, Sera

Finally, we have a few other awards to announce:

The Unit Citation goes to Lt. Cmdr. Tyrlai Zade, for her work in creating and pushing forward the freighter plot and making it into pretty much a mission of its own.

Arthur Reynolds receives the Plot Development Citation, for his excellent portrayal of his character and incorporating elements from his background into the plot. Kudos!

Ash Sullivan wins the Kublai Khan award, for his numerous fight scenes and sparring on the holodeck.

Brad Silverton receives the Captain's Personal Merit. Brad has recently left us, but I thought it would be fitting to recognize what he brought to the simm over the years and send him off with an award.

Finally, one more for Ash Sullivan -- the Crew's Choice Award, as decided by you, our readers.

That's all for now!
Capt. Alenis Meru
Commanding Officer
USS Portland

Ori Paiga
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Re: Awards!

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Congrats to all of the winners!

Has it really been two years since this whole adventure started?
Lt. (JG) Ori Paiga
Chief Medical Officer
USS Portland

Timothy Rouse
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: Awards!

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:26 am

Congratulations everyone!
Commander Timothy Andrew Rouse
Executive Officer
USS Portland