Alenis Meru
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

New Uniforms

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:25 am

Hello everyone,

One of the things that I haven't really done too much work to define on the Portland was our choice of uniforms. Part of the reason for this was because of my preference to keep these sort of things in the mind's eye, and part of it was due to my indecision about what sort of uniform to go for.

That said, over the past several weeks, this thought has been rolling around in my mind for quite some time. But choosing a uniform is difficult. There is a multitude of canon and non-canon uniforms out there, ranging from the original series to the futuristic black leather uniforms that you can see in STO. I felt we needed to have something that captures the essence of the Portland -- for example, it would be inappropriate to use something that looks like futuristic body armour, or menacing black leather, for a simm that tries to capture the original vision for Star Trek as a utoptian society with Starfleet serving primarily as explorers and scientists.

I've decided to go with a unisex design, in keeping with Gene Roddenberry's vision for a future free of gender discrimination, and I've chosen something that is a little retro but not too old. I think this uniform offers something for everyone, and you should all like it.

So, without further ado, here it is:

Any questions can be directed to the XO, as Agnes helped me pick it out.
Capt. Alenis Meru
Commanding Officer
USS Portland

Ash Sullivan
Chief Security Officer
Chief Security Officer

Re: New Uniforms

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:01 am

KifAndZapp.jpg

My name's Zapp Brannigan and I approve of this message. :lol: ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. (JG) Ash Sullivan
Assistant Chief Security Officer
USS Portland

Jason Beauvoir
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:39 am

From the photos supplied, it appears only Command division men have to wear it, I hope Timothy has the legs to pull off the look.
Lieutenant Jason Anderson Beauvoir
Chief Science Officer
USS Portland

Ori Paiga
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:47 pm

I, for one, love it. We can save more than a few energy credits by not having to replicate pants or separate uniforms.
Lt. (JG) Ori Paiga
Chief Medical Officer
USS Portland

Return to “News and Announcements”