Alenis Meru
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

USS Portland Turns One!

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:26 am

I can't believe I almost let it pass me by, but today is the first anniversary of the USS Portland!**

It was late March and early April 2014 when events led me to apply to become a CO in Obsidian Fleet. I wasn't sure at the time if I wanted to take that step, but after a month of being an XO in the fleet, certain events forced my hand and I found myself applying to be a CO sooner than I had anticipated.

Out of those events, the Portland arose like a phoenix to become what is in my honest opinion, one of the best simms in the fleet.

In the past year, we have:
- Grown from nothing into a simm with 13 players
- Gone through three missions together
- Fought off some Orion pirates, caused a ruckus at a banquet, and dealt with evil cultists
- Won two Silver and one Bronze Unit of Merit award
- And showed everyone that Miranda classes are still cool

I'd like to thank all of you for this. From the beginning, my vision for the Portland was that it was a collaborative endeavour. This isn't just me driving the bus here, we all fail together or succeed together. And succeed we all did. Whether you are a new arrival, or were one of the initial few to sign up last April, you all played a role in making the Portland what it was. I'd like to thank all of you, and particularly my fellow members of the command staff, Agnes and Dave, for sticking with it over the past year. You guys and gals rock!

I recently ended up with the unenviable task of copying every single post from our old forum to this new forum. It was a mind-numbing task, but even just skimming some of the posts that we had produced over the past year reminded me how much of a special thing we've built here together.

So, now that we have one year under our belt... let's rock and roll in year two! Cake and PBR is available in the mess hall!

**Technically, there's a few days that could be considered our anniversary. March 29th was when I submitted a CO application, April 3rd was when I was accepted, April 5th was when I set up the forum, and April 7th was the date of my first post and our first two new members (Tim and Tyrlai).
Capt. Alenis Meru
Commanding Officer
USS Portland

Eilis Ross

Re: USS Portland Turns One!

Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:14 am

Happy birthday Portland!!!!! (despite the technicalities ;))
Eilis Ross
Teacher
USS Portland

Ori Paiga
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Re: USS Portland Turns One!

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Happy Birthday to the Portland!

For she's a jolly good fellow!
Lt. (JG) Ori Paiga
Chief Medical Officer